Friday, June 26, 2009

Glorious Morning

Chirp! Chirp! This is a glorious morning. Glittering and crystalline beads of dew, carrying a brisk chill, still cling to my conspicuous bill, which make me emit a loud sneeze. Achoo!

There is a pithy saying, which lasts as time goes by, circulating among the vast flocks of my bird buddies. It's so popular that human beings quote it. "The early bird catches the worm ." Following the teachings of my ancestors, I often get up very early. If you don't believe me, you can ask the rooster reared by the hag next door to Crimson Noodles on Felicity Street. Every morning, it's always me who stares at him with my dilated eyes, kicking him out of the nest with my sturdy legs, and he will crow involuntarily. Usually it is in the wee hours of the morning. Hence, once an indolent sot, piqued by the crowing, stormed barefoot downstairs in a towering rage from the third floor of the shabby apartment; brandishing a butcher's knife, he blustered, "Shut up! I'll chop you in half! One half stir-fried with sesame oil, and the other stewed with rice wine."

This is how human beings treat their friends. We wake them up with good intentions but their brains are crammed with wild whims about how to eat us!

Put aside this issue for the moment. Maybe you will be curious about how I can keep rising early day after day, year after year. I have to tell the truth--I never fall asleep at night. As the velvety night gently descends, copious amounts of adrenalin pumping through my body make me so excited, so inspired, as if by Muse. I fly in the ebony sky of Fluffy Town. As the lights are put out one by one, on the jet-black wire I swing in the breeze solitarily and soberly. I think a lot.

How I hope I can share my thoughts with everyone every night.

Thus, thou who read this blog art blessed. Thou witness a historical moment. It is the first blog that belongs to "chickens." In a broader sense, this is a blog for the birds. The species which has remained silent over a long period of time in history finally starts to voice themselves. Are you ready?

Chirp! Chirp! Chirpy!

( The above words are dictated by me to my human assistant and posted by her. For her safety, I cannot disclose her identity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment